Re: Re: how do you get to do multiple mysql queries concurrently?

Jochem Maas wrote:

> have you thought of batch processing via cron? you can have a parent
> process run off children to handle each long running query and package
> the results in format that's quick to output - thereby minimizing the
> time taken to batch process and then have the summary page merely use
> the latest packaged results.

Yeah, we're already doing quite a bit of this.  We don't do it with
cron, but we cache the long running results for 15min.  That way at
least the summary page appears to be quite responsive (most of the
time).  Excellent suggestion by the way - we are just trying to reduce
this type of batching/caching to be more real-time and/or responsive.

/Per Jessen, Zürich