Re: Re: how dod you get to do multiple mysql queries concurrently?

Per Jessen schreef:
Colin Guthrie wrote:

Per Jessen wrote:
Colin Guthrie wrote:

Per Jessen wrote:
I know how to do multiple queries - the key issue in my question
was how to do them concurrently (i.e. in parallel).
So you want to make PHP multithreaded???
No, just the mysql queries.
So really what you want is mysqli_multi_query_async()? I've not really
seen this unf. (not to say it doesn't exist tho').

I think that's probably something for the mysql list rather than PHP
as PHP just exposes the mysql client API.

Well, mysql has no problem running multiple queries in parallel, so if
only I could make php issue multiple queries.  I guess I'll have to
revert to my iframe-rpc setup that I mentioned just two seconds ago.
But your suggestion with an async call is just the kind of thing that
might be useful.  And I think that is a php issue, but then we might be
back to threading :-(

have you thought of batch processing via cron? you can have a parent process
run off children to handle each long running query and package the results in
format that's quick to output - thereby minimizing the time taken to batch process
and then have the summary page merely use the latest packaged results.

/Per Jessen, Zürich