Re: Re: how dod you get to do multiple mysql queries concurrently?

Colin Guthrie wrote:

> Per Jessen wrote:
>> Colin Guthrie wrote:

>>> So you want to make PHP multithreaded???
>>
>> No, just the mysql queries.
>
> So really what you want is mysqli_multi_query_async()? I've not really
> seen this unf. (not to say it doesn't exist tho').
>
> I think that's probably something for the mysql list rather than PHP
> as PHP just exposes the mysql client API.

Well, mysql has no problem running multiple queries in parallel, so if
only I could make php issue multiple queries.  I guess I'll have to
revert to my iframe-rpc setup that I mentioned just two seconds ago.

But your suggestion with an async call is just the kind of thing that
might be useful.  And I think that is a php issue, but then we might be
back to threading :-(

/Per Jessen, Zürich