Re: Re: Question About Blocking Email Addresses in Forms

On 18 Jan 2008, at 16:01, Eric Butera wrote:

On Jan 18, 2008 10:55 AM, Javier Huerta <jhuerta@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Thanks for all of your suggestions which all point to using Catpcha. I have actually already implemented Capchta and they are still getting around it. Even if they are entering it manually rather than via a bot, is there a way to check if the email address is of a specific format and if so then don't
process the form?

What does your form actually do? Does it email you, email them, stick something in a DB? What?

Regardless, if they're entering a nonsense email address and are managing to get your script to email other people then you're not validating the inputs correctly. For example, are you checking that the email address does not contain carriage returns or line feeds? Same with the subject if your form includes that.

Anything that comes from the form and ends up in the email headers needs to be checked in this way.

The answer to your question is "only if you can define the format precisely enough".

-Stut

--
http://stut.net/