Re: Don't search for domains on Network Solutions...

On Jan 16, 2008 5:21 PM, Daniel Brown <parasane@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Jan 16, 2008 4:54 PM, Eric Butera <eric.butera@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > >     No I didn't.
> > >
> > > QUOTE:
> > >     I just whipped it up now, so it's not going to be perfect, but it
> > > will give accurate results, without risking any kind of "domain
> > > hoarding"
> > >
> > >     Common sense, while not assumed in general, is presumed in this case.  ;-P
> >
> > Not going to help the user who copies and pastes that somewhere
> > someday and puts it as a backend to some form. :P
> >

>     It's also not intended for copy and paste for a backend.  Anyone
> who does that blindly deserves whatever happens, and shouldn't be
> working with something on that level in the first place.  I doubt
> anyone here, including yourself, would disagree with me on that.
>
>     And kidding or not, making scolding or sanctimonious statements in
> a public forum is not really the way to garner any future interest in
> your threads.  Especially when you won't win, and we'll just wind up
> flooding the list with verbal bitchslaps.  Zip 'em to my personal
> address instead.  I never take offense!  ;-P
>

> --
> </Dan>
>
> Daniel P. Brown
> Senior Unix Geek and #1 Rated "Year's Coolest Guy" By Self Since
> Nineteen-Seventy-[mumble].

???

This is a forum for newbies to get help on their coding problems.  You
put code up with a potential flaw in it.  We both know it wasn't
inteded for copy/paste.  What about the beginner who on the offhand
chance does a Google search and finds your code and does put it into a
file?  Somebody starting out won't know about escaping data based on
context.

We've had this debate before and I really think you need to take a
step back and realize you are giving answers not asking questions.  I
think saying "they know that" isn't correct because in a lot of cases
people don't.

I am sorry that I struck a nerve with my response as that wasn't my
goal.  I just hoped that it would be in the archives in case somebody
did stumble upon the thread.