Re: Don't search for domains on Network Solutions...

On Jan 16, 2008 2:32 PM, Andrés Robinet <agrobinet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> A couple of days ago I've come across this:
> http://www.seomoz.org/blog/network-solutions-exploits-icanns-fiveday-refund-
> rule-to-hoard-domains
>
> So... I don't even think that network solutions is the only one doing it. I
> know this is not strictly related to PHP, but I thought it would be a good
> idea to throw the warning. I think this is I-CANN's fault.

It obviously isn't related to PHP.  I figured that most of us are in
the business of making web applications for clients that are accessed
through a domain at some point, so I sent it as a general warning to
people.

My company has recommended people to use it as a simple starting point
of figuring out what domain name they think they might like.   Of
course we never use them for anything other than that, but I guess the
joke is on us in the end, right? :)

Thanks for the link!