Re: Guestbook

On Monday 14 January 2008 00:07:30 Andrés Robinet wrote:
> [...]

ok, THAT was informative.

> And yeah... you can search for "Free PHP <whatever>" and you'll get some
> Ad-Oriented websites if you know what I mean... sometimes Google just
> sucks.

I don't care, don't use google.

> And sometimes "Yes, once I used XXXX which is reliable, simple and supports
> German..." is not that hard to answer.

You don't even have a suggestion, and still complain

> If for every issue you come across
> you have to use Google alone, then get rid of the list... there were so
> many jerky questions that got answered here...

This list is "about" php, ie what you build ... lets say guestbooks of. Jerky
or not, this is where you come when you hit a brickwall, with no lazyness

> Anyway, I'll just have to
> write my own and save it on our library, there's a German speaking woman in
> the company which will give me a hand.

See there you go... and with some help you should be down on 30min each.

> I personally hate guestbooks,

me to, especially those with captcha

> but I
> prefer to have some reusable piece of our own, than to have to deal with
> some dirty code for which I don't have a recommendation.

Join the club

> Pity, it is the first time I ask something to the list, I expected just a
> bit more (like a couple of names to research).

Did you do any research before askin' for help? sure didn't sound like it.
Remember that some (most?) of these guys (and gals?) do php for a living, and
take it out of their own pocket trying to help one'another, and it's a rude
practice demanding without showing you'd done some forehand homework.
Me? I'm just rude enought to point that out.

> Well... seems that I'll change my policy a bit next time someone needs a
> hand.

I hope you catch on to both my irony and what I try to tell you, if so you'd
be doin' just fine

--
---
Børge Holen