RE: PHP shell commands

Hi Lucas,

This is it http://www.suphp.org/Home.html. However, please bear in mind that
you may have some headaches after installing it. Some webmail scripts may
break, as well as existing websites, so you'd better off researching what
are the possible drawbacks.
My recommendation would be that if you work with a panel (Plesk, cPanel,
DirectAdmin, etc) you go to the panel's forums, because chances are high
that someone has already built a script to do the job for you, and you'll
also get answers to your questions before you run into trouble.
Also, I think there was a way of installing both PHP 4 and 5, one as CGI
(required by suPHP) and the other one as CLI so you could get the regular
PHP behaviour by setting up the corresponding VirtualHost.

For owr own domains we use PHP CLI only, as we control the code from top to
bottom, but for shared hosting, suPHP is recommended despite of the
headaches (mostly to your customers' poor PHP code, but in the end to your
support department)... though many hosting providers, just don't care and
run the risk (suPHP is not very old anyway).

Regards,

Rob

Andrés Robinet | Lead Developer | BESTPLACE CORPORATION
5100 Bayview Drive 206, Royal Lauderdale Landings, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33308
Email: info@xxxxxxxxxxxxx  | MSN Chat: best@xxxxxxxxxxxxx  |  SKYPE:
bestplace |  Web: http://www.bestplace.biz | Web: http://www.seo-diy.com