Re: why is <option '97' selected>Japan</option> not highlighted

On Dec 30, 2007 10:46 PM, Mary Anderson <maryfran@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> in my <select> scrolling list?
>
> Here is the offending code (abbreviated)
> <select name="sr_location_id" class="" size=10 >
> <option value='94' >Italy</option>
> <option value='97' selected>Japan</option>
> <option value='252' >Jersey</option>
> <option value='294' >Jiangsu</option>
> <option value='295' >Jiangxi</option>
>
> I have data series which have a location specified.  I wish to edit the
> data series.  I select the location from the database (Note: database
> stuff is not a problem) and display a scrolling list with the location
> specified by that data series highlighted.  Problem is, even though the
> option is marked selected, the Japan entry in the scrolling list does
> not highlight.
>
> The offending page may be viewed at
>
> http://www.demog.berkeley.edu/~maryfran/memdev/edit_series.php?sr_data_series_id=2
>

> Sometimes when it loads, Japan is highlighted correctly.  Sometimes
> nothing is highlighted.  Sometimes some random option in the list is
> highlighted.  Similar behavior is observed in the data series types
> scrolling list next to the locations list on the page.
>
> I have been using Firefox 2.0.0.3.  I just tried it out on IE7 and it
> seems to work OK.  Maybe it is a browser problem, but the XDynamic HTML
> Definitive Reference seems to say that the selected attribute on option
> works OK with mozilla.

    On five attempts, it worked 100% of the time on Firefox 2.0.0.11.

--
Daniel P. Brown
[Phone Numbers Go Here!]

If at first you don't succeed, stick to what you know best so that you
can make enough money to pay someone else to do it for you.