Re: building PHP5.2.5 on Mac OS X Leopard (anyone know how to build a just an extension)

I hit send too soon ...

Frank Arensmeier schreef:

> 20 dec 2007 kl. 00.55 skrev Jochem Maas:

> is interbase available via PEAR or PECL?

alas no. it would be PECL at any rate - and I don't hold much faith in PECL
being able to build anything usable anyway

> How desperately are you trying
> to get thinks working?

desperate enough to move back to my windows machine ;-)

> I mean, are you working on a project right now
> with a tight deadline?

I have 2 running projects with ongoing deadlines that I should be working on
instead of trying to get php working on my Mac - customers call daily asking when
stuff will be rolled out.

> I really would like to help with the install
> (since I would like to update to Leopard in the near future as well, it
> might be a good opportunity to learn a few things), but right now I
> don't feel that I have the time...

good to know. I'll have another stab at it tomorrow and give details regarding
the configure lines I'm using and the libsI have installed, etc - I did a rm -rf
on everything related to php5 and apache2 in a fit of rage so I can't retrieve
anything useful right this minute.

in the mean time I'd like to ask:

1. do you have Xcode installed?
2. do you use macports for installing stuff like libjpeg?