Re: building PHP5.2.5 on Mac OS X Leopard (anyone know how to build a just an extension)

Frank Arensmeier schreef:

> 20 dec 2007 kl. 00.55 skrev Jochem Maas:
>
>> hi guys,
>>
>> well having tried for countless hours to build php on leopard I pretty
>> much gave up.
> that's too bad...

'give up' is too strong - but deadlines and frustration has caused me to put
it aside right now.

>> I figured I'd try using Marc' configure line (as given by
>> /usr/local/php5/bin/php-config against the
>> source of php5.2.5 that I downloaded and add the relevant configure
>> option (--with-interbase[=DIR])
>> ... in the hope I at least get a couple of usable extensions so that I
>> could copy the ibase extension
>> over into the working php5.2.5 installation ... no joy.
>>
> what error(s) did you get?

configure failed to find the interbase lib/headers (which it does find if
I run my own configure line that links against installed libs/headers - although
make then failed due to problems with iconv) if I use Marc's configure line
(which links against his supplied libs - I use --with-interbase=/opt

>> I figure I'm screwed - I have a painfully expensive dev machine I
>> can't blooming use. oh well,
>> at least it is the nicest looking paper weight I've got.
>>
> that's something, isn't it??

very funny :-)