Re: building PHP5.2.5 on Mac OS X Leopard (anyone know how to build a just an extension)

20 dec 2007 kl. 00.55 skrev Jochem Maas:

hi guys,

well having tried for countless hours to build php on leopard I pretty much gave up.
that's too bad...

apparently it's pretty much impossible unless your name is Marc Liyanage (entropy.ch) ...

the problem lies with the fact that you need 64bit libs and the some (most notably iconv) of the libs included with Leopard are borked in respect to the 'universal build' stuff (which I gather means you actually have a number of different [architecture related] executables bundled into a single file ... I probably have that all wrong, to be honest it's a little over my head.

Marc L. offers a tarball with a working php5.2.5 (just untar and move the php5 dir to /usr/local):
	 http://www2.entropy.ch/download/php5-5.2.5.leopard.release1.tar.gz

his build does work but it doesn't include one extension that I rely on for some of my projects,
namely interbase.

I figured I'd try using Marc' configure line (as given by /usr/ local/php5/bin/php-config against the source of php5.2.5 that I downloaded and add the relevant configure option (--with-interbase[=DIR]) ... in the hope I at least get a couple of usable extensions so that I could copy the ibase extension
over into the working php5.2.5 installation ... no joy.

what error(s) did you get?

I figure I'm screwed - I have a painfully expensive dev machine I can't blooming use. oh well,
at least it is the nicest looking paper weight I've got.

that's something, isn't it??

I'm still wondering whether it's possible to build just the interbase extension ... anyone know
how to do that? or have any tips?
is interbase available via PEAR or PECL? How desperately are you trying to get thinks working? I mean, are you working on a project right now with a tight deadline? I really would like to help with the install (since I would like to update to Leopard in the near future as well, it might be a good opportunity to learn a few things), but right now I don't feel that I have the time...

rgds,
Jochem