Re: building PHP5.2.5 on Mac OS X Leopard (anyone know how to build a just an extension)

./configure --with-interbase

should build the interbase extension, as well as a PHP binary that you
don't want.

Then just copy the interbase.so thingie over, and Bob's your uncle.

You might need some stuff from Marc's configure line to convince it to
compile the extension in 64-bit mode, but don't try to re-compile all
the other extensions you don't need.

On Wed, December 19, 2007 5:55 pm, Jochem Maas wrote:
> hi guys,
>
> well having tried for countless hours to build php on leopard I pretty
> much gave up.
> apparently it's pretty much impossible unless your name is Marc
> Liyanage (entropy.ch) ...
>
> the problem lies with the fact that you need 64bit libs and the some
> (most notably iconv)
> of the libs included with Leopard are borked in respect to the
> 'universal build' stuff (which
> I gather means you actually have a number of different [architecture
> related] executables bundled
> into a single file ... I probably have that all wrong, to be honest
> it's a little over my head.
>
> Marc L. offers a tarball with a working php5.2.5 (just untar and move
> the php5 dir to /usr/local):
> 	 http://www2.entropy.ch/download/php5-5.2.5.leopard.release1.tar.gz
>
> his build does work but it doesn't include one extension that I rely
> on for some of my projects,
> namely interbase.
>
> I figured I'd try using Marc' configure line (as given by
> /usr/local/php5/bin/php-config against the
> source of php5.2.5 that I downloaded and add the relevant configure
> option (--with-interbase[=DIR])
> ... in the hope I at least get a couple of usable extensions so that I
> could copy the ibase extension
> over into the working php5.2.5 installation ... no joy.
>
> I figure I'm screwed - I have a painfully expensive dev machine I
> can't blooming use. oh well,
> at least it is the nicest looking paper weight I've got.
>
> I'm still wondering whether it's possible to build just the interbase
> extension ... anyone know
> how to do that? or have any tips?
>
> rgds,
> Jochem