Re: Using require instead of redirect architecture

On Wed, December 19, 2007 1:37 pm, Robert Erbaron wrote:
> Problems:
> - hitting back on p2.php shows the dreaded "The page you are trying to
> view contains POST..."

If you dread seeing this, then play pinball with the user...

> -- OK and Cancel both generated unsatisfactory results

Unsatisfactory in what way?

> - hitting refresh on p2.php runs the validation again, which means the
> validation code now has to be that much more complicated to trap for a
> second attempt, blah blah blah.

Do you care that it's a second attempt?

It's either valid input or it's not.

If you really do care, then put an md5 token as a hidden input in the
form, and store it in the db (or session) and mark it "used" after the
first attempt.

If that token is "used" then you know it's the 2nd (or more) attempt.

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?