Re: Best way to allow users to post youtube video links ?

Just a thought.. it might be better to control the output a little more.  I
assume if you're letting them submit the embed code that you're turning
around and just displaying what they posted.

It might be easier for the user and more secure if you have them submit
either the full youtube URL:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tq8Yw19bn7Q

and/or you can have people just submit the video ID:
Tq8Yw19bn7Q

Either way, that's all you need to create your own <embed> tag without
trusting that they're not going to submit something bad with their <embed>.

There are things to facilitate YouTube link posting in various systems
including Joomla and many subcomponents, phpBB, probably most other forum
software.  If you're using something like that, you might search around.

-TG