Re: Best way to allow users to post youtube video links ?

"Don Don" <progwihz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:67386.46022.qm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I want to allow people to be able to post links to videos on youtube. I've implemented it in a certain way by allowing them to copy the <embed> tag into a textarea and then submit the form. I pick up the form data, validate and display on the site.

Is there any better way to do this or php plugins out there ?

Cheers

Don.

The way I've seen this done is people just ask for the youtube id, which is the string at the end of the url like a94cw29rv or whatever. Then you know the rest of the url anyway and you don't have to do any other validation or filtering besides only letting alphanumeric through.

- Dan