Re: Professional inquiry for you freelancers

On Dec 5, 2007 11:33 PM, Steve Finkelstein <sf@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Basically what I'm asking is, am I going to be end up being a jack of
> all trades, master of none, if I continue pursuing design AND
> development? Is there plenty of work out there for folks who just
> stick to development?

if youre worried about not being able to find a shop where you sit
and code all day; allow me to allay your fears ;)
personally, i enjoy switching from task to task; after days /
weeks / months of coding the same sort of stuff i get a little burned
out.  but to answer your question, yes; there are plenty of shops where
they have you just sit around and code.  many of them i find will have
you develop uis; but they dont really care about much beyond a simple
interface.  as long as it works and isnt too painful on the eyes...  at
least that is a trait of shops that focus on development in my experience.

-nathan