Professional inquiry for you freelancers

Hi all,

Going to cut it short and to the point. Do most of you freelancers get
by with enough work that does not require front-end UI/design? Do you
find it easier to get more work when you're strengths in design are
just as creative as your programming capabilities?

These are questions I'm entertaining myself with as I teach myself
more design work. I love my full-time job doing development/system
administration, and I can attest to a lack of design skills. However I
am efficient with CSS/XHTML and can create layouts np.

I do also enjoy creating buttons and tabs when I have the time for my
own work with Photoshop CS3, but that's one aspect of the web I don't
see myself ever getting paid for, professionally.

Basically what I'm asking is, am I going to be end up being a jack of
all trades, master of none, if I continue pursuing design AND
development? Is there plenty of work out there for folks who just
stick to development?

Thanks for your humble opinions.  Appreciate the feedback!

Cheers,

- sf