Re: PHP ide? OT

On Friday 09 November 2007 00:47:56 you wrote:

> > > Not mine.  But if you do Java, that's your bogey.
> >
> > oh no, I wasn't hinting your way, I more or less commented on tersus
> > beeing eclipse. It's like the ubunty hype, witch fails to state on the
> > homepage: "we're practically NOTHING without debian".
>
> Ubuntu = Debian + New Life

you know, thats what I call BS.
if something fails to do anything by itself.. it should've stayed @ home.
Just look at patches and fixes. They only deliver when the debian
maintainers 've a fix ready, and between 2 days to a week for the maintainers
to get it into their own pool.
The reason is simple... Hype! they sell a product witch claims to be more or
less a lifestyle of simplicity like osx, however maintenance is a bitch who
noone wants to ride, and the few who works on buntu rather sell the new stuff
than fixing bogus, tiresome and lenghty faults on imported programs. Just for
the sake of some rich dude that feels he need a momentum.
I'm really getting it out now, cleaning the pipes you can say.

--
---
Børge Holen