Re: Strange benchmark behavior

On 10/18/07, Larry Garfield <larry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Yeah, it does that sometimes.  But over 1 million iterations a 0.2 second
> difference is negligible, and easily explained by random events in the
> environment (other processes on the box, etc.)  It's the 25% difference
> I'm
> getting on just one box that is confusing the hell of of me. :-)

is the behavior consistent (im assuming it is).  do you have error logging
turned on?
have you compared php.ini on the strange system against the configuration
you have
on other systems?
is it only acting strange on the cli?  maybe try accessing the script from a
browser and
see if you get different results.

-nathan