Re: Re: Generating PDF files (XSLT, ps, XSL-FO, FOP, etc)

Colin Guthrie wrote:

> If found a really good quote the other day about XSL but I now can't
> find the link and it's gone from my history but it was something like:
> "You could write a <insert obscure lanaguage here> parser/lexer in
> XSLT but I'm not going to." It's a very powerful language but the
> hardest part most extreme advocates find is knowing when there is a
> better/more practical tool for the job ;)

There's something incredibly elegant about XML+XSLT - which makes it
important to know when NOT to use it ... you're sometimes tempted to
massage your data into XML just to be able to XSLT on it.  OTOH, when
your data is hierarchical/recursive in nature, XSLT is brilliant!

/Per Jessen, Zürich