Re: Beginner Tutorials for using CLASSES in PHP4

On 10/3/07, Tony Marston <tony@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Encapsulation is NOT data hiding.
>
> I repeat, encapsulation has absolutely nothing to do with data hiding.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Information_hiding

encapsulation is  facilitated  via ppp in object oriented programming
languages.
i suggest you read this article on wikipedia and pickup an entry level text
on
oop.

you might also want to read about how interfaces are used because it sounds
like youre confused.  they are not needed to call methods, they provide an
alternate mechanism for polymorphism.  you can find the basics in an entry
level
text, and more sophisticated topics in a design patterns text.
i recommend the heads first book.

yes my opinion is php4 is outdated.  i think ive mentioned the various
weaknesses
enough times in this thread and on this list.  anyway, its just a matter of
time unitl
php4 fades into antiquity.  if your code doesnt use ppp so it can be
backwards
compatible w/ php4 then let me extend my condolences.

-nathan