Re: SOAP in PHP on very restricted host?

as i said, its a relic.  i started using it where i work because we are
still on php4 (dont ask)
and was dismayed.  i looked around at some articles online and thats where i
got the impression
it was the defacto standard back in php4 when java already had a robust soap
api (and probly .net too).

im sure it was great in its hey-day.
the real problem using it anymore is, as you observed, you have to acquaint
yourself w/ a totally new (to use
SoapClient folks) API.  and at this point (w/ SoapClient out there) i beg
the question, why bother.

i hate to suggest it, but you might want to take a little time and
investigate what other
restrictions you host has.  if the list is long you may want to consider a
move.
it may seem arduous now, but the longer you wait the more arduous it will
become.

-nathan