Re: PHP 5.2.3 - Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Hello,

2007/9/12, Zbigniew Szalbot <zszalbot@xxxxxxxxx>:

> >     Also, check for this line in your httpd.conf file:
> > <IfModule mod_dir.c>
> >
> >     Make sure index.php is in that list if the entry exists.
>
> Daniel as you say:
> > PHP is properly loading, but your DirectoryIndex is not working.
>
> The only refrences to DirectoryIndex and <IfModule mod_dir.c> are in
> the above quoted content in httpd.conf. I will get rid of all php3
> entries and let you know if this has solved the problem.

I took the safe approach and just removed index.php from each
statements, one by one until I was left with none. I was still able to
display httpd://szalbot.homedns.org/test/

Currently I have index.php in mod_php5.c:

<IfModule mod_dir.c>
    <IfModule mod_php3.c>
        <IfModule mod_php4.c>
            DirectoryIndex index.html
        </IfModule>
        <IfModule mod_php5.c>
            DirectoryIndex index.php index.html
        </IfModule>
        <IfModule !mod_php4.c>
            DirectoryIndex index.html
        </IfModule>
    </IfModule>
    <IfModule !mod_php3.c>
        <IfModule mod_php4.c>
            DirectoryIndex index.html
        </IfModule>
        <IfModule !mod_php4.c>
            DirectoryIndex index.html
        </IfModule>
    </IfModule>
</IfModule>

Funny thing is that it was never a problem with php 4.7. I actually
changed nothing in httpd.conf between the versions. I installed php5
from ports and during installation of course all references to php4
were replaced with php5 (in httpd.conf).

It is clearly problem with indexes but how and where that is an issue
for me. there is a solution which I could live with. That is I can
create an index.html page which will simply redirect to index.php and
so index-wise everything will work but I would really prefer to find
out what is wrong.

Thanks!

Zbigniew Szalbot