Re: Re: Thoughts about music library

On Wednesday 08 August 2007 03:16, Richard Lynch wrote:
> On Tue, August 7, 2007 3:20 am, Colin Guthrie wrote:
> > Børge Holen wrote:

> >> yes, but where is the fun in that? ;D
> >> and if something irritate me, it simple to fix it when I built it
> >
> > Indeed :p
>
> I had no problem hacking the DDJ source when I found something I
> didn't like... :-)

Yes, but then again, I get lost in someone elses code(thats beside the
point ;)

> And, really, you still should at least survey the popular ones to
> steal their ideas :-)

Jup did that, quite a lot. They seem to ponder on the exact same question that
I have, and I can't seem to find any techincal reasons for why and why not on
these subjects, I can think of quite a few, but would appreciate some other
point of view. Someone with more experience on the correct way of doing
things, and not as a finished program witch works.

> Maybe you'll find one you like and can live with their source code.

Hardly, I like making stuff and learn as I go.

> Maybe you'll still want to roll your own.
>
> But at least take a look at the car-lot of pre-built wheels, eh?

See above. =D

--
---
Børge