Thoughts about music library

I'm building an web interface for my music collection.

What I would like is some opinions on what to choose pro/cons:

The first choice I took was to stream music directly to a player, i.e. I
construct and export an m3u with php and open that with any player.
This gives me an external playlist independent of browser screen.

The loosing choice was to use icecast to stream. Here I can construct an
online playlist witch shows whats up next, what was the last song, and skip
back/forth... so on.
This would mainly be for programmin excersice, any takers on pros?

The next thing would be the playlists, I would like an option to save them for
further use.
My playlist so far is either that I enter a directory and press play. This
would put all the files in this directory (not recursive) into a playlist and
export, or I press one single file and a m3u gets exported.

I can easily save this file as the... well... last playlists sorted after date
or whatever, but how would I go on if I wanted to add songs.
Here I was thinking about making a button behind each song or directory and
have a js sort of table to one end of the screen witch add,update or gives me
the choice to delete a song/album...
This seems like a screenfilling option of sorts, anyone else with a less
extensive, prettier or just a better solution?

--
---
Børge