Re: audio recorder

Tijnema wrote:
On 7/31/07, John Pillion <john@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Not exactly a php question. but I'm doing the project in php, so does that
count? ;-)

A client of mine wants a simple audio recorder for users to record a short
clip/message for other users. anyone recommend any simple audio recorder
applets or similar that can easily be integrated with php?

Thanks!

How do you want to implement it? Where is the microphone connected?
Server? Client? or is it a Stand Alone app (CLI)?

If it's connected to the client PC (which I'm guessing), then you
can't use PHP for recording it, it needs to be done in a client side
language, and if you don't want the client to download an application,
you have a few options, but there's only one I can recommend, and that
is java. But really, you're not on the right list for that ;)

If it's connected to the server, or if it's an Stand Alone app, then I
would recommend you looking for some software that does record from
the microphone, and use it through system, exec, ``, ... functions.

Tijnema

You could also implement it using Shockwave Flash, no idea how though, as I've never bothered looking into that stuff.