Re: problem with install php 5.2.3 on apache 2.2.4 in windows xp sp2

On Fri, July 20, 2007 7:57 pm, arvin lee wrote:
> system: windows xp sp 2
> apache: apache_2.2.4-win32-x86-no_ssl
> PHP:     php-5.2.3-win32-installer.msi
>
> i try to install php on my computer so that i can finish my homework,
> but
> after download these files nightmare begins. Install apache with
> default
> settings, install php with default settings. Restart apache server
> .While I
> modify index.html  add <?php phpinfo(); ?> , open 127.0.0.1 , apache
> server
> default page pops up with no change.  Creat a new file named as
> phpinfo.php, modify
> httpd.conf , add line AddType application/x-httpd-php .php  then
> restart
> apache. open broswer  key in address 127.0.0.1/phpinfo.php ,it show me
> nothing. is there anyone can help ?
> PS. I have reinstall my windows system, nothing change.( Now I am
> using
> Appserv to finish my homewhere.)
> one thing, after install php 5.2.3 on apache server, when I stop
> apache
> server ,windows system show my two error message.

You told Apache that files that end in ".php" are php files.

You put your PHP code into a file that ends in ".html"

So Apache didn't think you wanted that ".html" file to execute PHP, so
it didn't.

Then you put your code into phpinfo.php, and that should have worked.

When you say "it show me nothing" do you mean literally nothing, or
some kind of error message about the page not being there?

If you mean literally nothing, try using "View Source" in your browser
to see if the <?php phpfinfo();?> is in there.  If it is, Apache still
isn't handing your ".php" files off to PHP for some reason.

Check Apache error logs for error messages.

Speaking of which, we don't have a crystal ball to tell us what was in
the two error messages.  Please do tell. :-)

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?