RE: Re: Malformed Email Date Header

> Most likely it's the server's time/date problem.  Did you check to make
> sure that the time/date is in the correct timezone, etc?  I know this
> isn't really the right way to do it, but you could always just move the
> server's clock back 10 hours if it's really always 10 hours ahead of time.

> You alternatively could also always use a different way of sending your
> mail for that server.  If you used PHPMailer
> http://phpmailer.sourceforge.net/ this allows you to connect to SMTP on a
> different machine to send email from an account.  This one is really
> tougher than I origionally thought.

The time on the machine is correct, and out of all of the date stamps in the
headers of the email are formed correctly based on the machines time/date,
(ie, everywhere else in the headers it adds the +1000 correctly) except in
the 1 main line

> Date: Day 00th Jan 2999 01:02:03 ?1000

Email programs (Wintendo based, and *nix based alike) generally have a hard
time with this Date header. Outlook and Outlook express just try and
interpret and guess what its supposed to mean (seemingly adding an extra 10
hours to the correct timestamp) and the *nix mail filter I came across
reported it as being a bad header.

Regards

Chris Aitken
The Web Hub Designer and Programmer
Phone : 02 4648 0808
Mobile : 0411 132 075

Making The Web Work........ The Web Hub
http://www.thewebhub.com.au/
chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Confidentiality Statement:
This message is intended only for the use of the Addressee and may contain
information that is PRIVILEDGED and CONFIDENTIAL.  If you are not the
intended recipient, dissemination of this communication is prohibited.
If you have received this communication in error, please erase all
copies of the message and its attachments and notify us immediately.