Re: Denial of Service Attack

Crayon Shin Chan wrote:
On Saturday 21 July 2007 10:24, Jim Lucas wrote:

So, I guess to sum up what the guy is talking about, I think he is
right.  Some of us might have been DDOSed from making posts on this
list.

my email address points right back to my web server.....

What does everybody else think?

There are some mailing list archive websites that goes to the website derived from your email address domain and links the favicon (if any) for display next to your posts. Whether that is enough to lead to a DOS is debatable.

Problem with your answer is, is that there would then be logs entires in apache. There were none at all.

--
Jim Lucas

   "Some men are born to greatness, some achieve greatness,
       and some have greatness thrust upon them."

Twelfth Night, Act II, Scene V
    by William Shakespeare