Re: Symfony versus CakePHP?

On 7/21/07, AmirBehzad Eslami <behzad.eslami@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
What is difference between Zend Framwork and other frameworks like
CakePHP?

In a nutshell Zend Framework if bigger, heavier, and does more
"stuff."  I find many parts of it look exactly like parts from the
Mojavi MVC framework.  Could be a coincidence I guess..

I'm trying to develop a sample blog for educational
purposes in Zend Framwork, but some times I feel that I'm learning
a new language or a new programming paradigm.

It's a learning curve for sure, but once you have one MVC framework in
your tool belt, you can pick up others easily.  I started off using it
for simple things like email address validation and sending HTML
emails.  You certainly don't have to use the whole thing to get some
very good uses from it.

--
Greg Donald
http://destiney.com/