Re: Pirate PHP books online?

Hi.

On Monday 16 July 2007 12:42, Dotan Cohen wrote:

> So, suckers, I'm with you now, and I'll start pirating again.

This is a real shame (not to mention a foolish thing to post to a publicly
archived mailing list). As a user of open source technology you are
benefiting directly from the PHP developers choice of license, and relying
on people respecting it. It is hypocritical to expect everyone to respect
the PHP license and give you nice tech for free, then turn round and
ignore a different license just because the authors haven't chosen to give
away their work.

> Anyone know where I can pick up a copy of Ubuntu pirated?

You may have intended this as a joke, but recently there have been
(unconfirmed from what I can tell) reports of Ubuntu torrent downloads
with pre-installed trojans. Always get your stuff from the official sites.

http://www.funtechtalk.com/trojan-horse-loaded-version-of-ubuntu-704-spreading-over-torrent-sites/

(ugly URL may wrap)

Please reconsider your decision to selectively ignore copyright licenses.