Re: PHP as a strategic BUSINESS language

On 05/07/07, Jochem Maas <jochem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

6. IBM, Oracle and others seem to be less sure about whether php will ever
be a major player in the business solutions arena (often referred to as
'being enterprise ready') ... there may be some way to go in this sense but there
are plenty of people doing their best to make it possible by working on the core
of php and developing frameworks/utilities that are up to the job.

I don't think IBM have much doubts:-

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/opensource/top-projects/php.html

http://www.zend.com/products/zend_core/zend_core_for_ibm

Alan

Disclaimer: I work for IBM but these are my own views.