Re: Re: php framework, large site

At 2:20 AM +0800 6/20/07, Crayon Shin Chan wrote:
On Tuesday 19 June 2007 06:58, tedd wrote:
 > the *majority* of patents for
 inventions are due to the efforts of a lone risk taker putting his
 money, time, and effort on the line trying to invent something.

I've no idea what the figures are but I find that hard to believe, do you
have any sources to backup that claim?

Try reading. The publications are plenty. And, don't ask me for references, I'm not doing your homework. I made the claim, now you prove me wrong, if you can. Perhaps you'll learn something in the process.

Just for grins, why don't you list ten basic patients that spawned new technologies, which were produced by large corporations.

I think you're going to have a hard time wading through all the small inventors, who spawned giant industries, to find something that a large corporation did that was worthwhile.

And, don't look to government for anything worthwhile either (chuckle). Their grant process is a joke for providing funds to small developers -- you should try it sometime.

Large organizations (corporate or government) are guided by collective minds without imagination. Good ideas are diluted to the least common denominator of understanding. Like I said before, the brightest ideas have to pass through the dimmest minds to be implemented. If you drown imagination in a quagmire of countless levels of CYA management, then you'll never produce anything worthwhile.

The lone individual is the true source of inspiration and imagination and his freedom to act upon his idea is directly proportional to the likelihood of it's success.

That fact is very obvious to those of us who have experienced it -- sad that you haven't.

 > And, one *never* could "conduct high energy particle physics
 experiments in my own basement and launch interplanetary space probes
 from my own backyard".

Lighten up, it's satire.

Don't get your panties in a knot. I didn't see anything funny, so don't give up your day job.

Cheers,

tedd

--
-------