Re: Re: php framework, large site

At 1:39 AM +0800 6/19/07, Crayon Shin Chan wrote:
On Monday 18 June 2007 04:00, Robert Cummings wrote:
 > Maybe so, but much science and many breakthroughs are still done by the
 > lone inventory/researcher.

Particularly in the field of astronomy where amateurs are still able to
contribute greatly. However gone are the days when I could conduct high
energy particle physics experiments in my own basement and launch
interplanetary space probes from my own backyard.

Yes, but the fact still remains, for the exception of drug companies passing DNA sequences off as patents, the *majority* of patents for inventions are due to the efforts of a lone risk taker putting his money, time, and effort on the line trying to invent something.

And, one *never* could "conduct high energy particle physics experiments in my own basement and launch interplanetary space probes from my own backyard".

Cheers,

tedd

--
-------