Re: Going from simple to super CAPTCHA

On 6/13/07, Jake McHenry <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I've been reading along, very informative :) I found Osama within 20 seconds
and as someone posted already, looking for his head wouldn't be much of a
task for a computer.

It's just for if you want to keep "normal" people out ;)

Has anyone tried cracking/hacking what Microsoft has done with the animal
pictures? That seems rather easy for even preschoolers, but a human non the
less. They have many people working on this exact subject, and being paid
I'm sure more than what its worth, but is there even a discussion if they
have the answer? Other than the completely blind, anyone can tell what a cat
is, and they could even take it further by added a bark or meow or something
similar. Can a computer tell the difference between a bark and a meow? Each
animal has its unique vocal tones and cry signature... just as a human
(who's not impersonating, which as long as its not a picture of the mocking
bird.......), does this help at all? Instead of relying on our own known
dictionary and numbers.... Everyone knows about animals...... My 0.02

Jake

<snip>

I know about the microsoft way, but I wouldn't trust a Microsoft
CAPTCHA program.. :P
MD5 is quite successfull here, since they aren't modifieng the image in any way.

Everyone knows animals, but if you then you can't use this CAPTCHA on
any site on other language, unless you of course translate the names
of the animals ;)

I think I'll start with some kind of SCAPTCHA (Super CAPTCHA) soon..

Tijnema