Re: uploading really big files

Depends who is doing the uploading...

One also could imagine a write-only account, either in FTP or SCP setup.

I know I've seen this in FTP, and I don't see any reason SCP couldn't.

the reason why scp is different is it needs an system account with a valid shell.
FTP does simply not (but it can :).

I think nobody except the root user should have shell access to a server,
only for security reasons.

-> *Flash *:
        There a lot of Tutorials out there, try google or sourceforge.

Leaves all your non-Flash users out in the cold, which to me is a
non-starter, but might be fine for the OP

There I totaly agree with you! But I require my user to have flash, same as i require them to have an graphical browser.

I can imagine where the internet would be with still browsing with lynx, but i guess that is a decision every developer has to face.

I guess the gap is between introducing people how to handle a ftp or scp transfer and installing flash.

I would go with the second choice.

Nevertheless, i see your point.

Thanks,
Alex