Re: RE: Cannot access file on Network Drive (Windows 2003)

Rahul Sitaram Johari wrote:
I use a Mac OS X Server generally, where I mount network drives to a share
point. Everything works therein. Recently I had a need to setup Apache Web
Server, PHP & mySQL on a Windows 2003 Server we have in the office.

There I used the same scripts I was running on Mac OS X to access files on a
network drive. But in Windows 2003, I¹m not mounting anything on a share
point, I¹m simply referring to the files using actual paths. Whether it¹s a
direct X:\ kind of path, or a network path \\servername ... With or without
backslashes.
This is the first application I setup on the Windows Server to access files
on a network drive.

Does the user Apache is running as have permission to access the network at all? It's fairly common for services to lack that access for (shockingly for Windows) security reasons. The easiest way to test it is to stop the Apache service and run it manually as your user. If it works like that then your problem is definitely permissions-related and you should consult your sysadmin (or Google if you don't have one).

-Stut