RE: Project Management

If you're working on your own, I would think realistically about how much
you would use such software. I've used Basecamp, Trac, MS Project and others
in the past and find them a waste of time. My favourite tool is simply an A4
lab book. (I know this doesn't scale, but it fits the bill perfectly for
now).

For initial brainstorming/idea tracking, I do use FreeMind though.
http://freemind.sf.net

HTH, Edward