Re: Project Management

Christian Haensel wrote:
this is not exactly a PHP question, but as I am sure that I am talking to more or less professional developers, I thought I might ask you.

As I am working on some... well, for my standards... huge project, I thought that some kind of project management software would / could be helpful to keep track of my ideas, tasks and so on. Right now I am using a huge chunk of papers to keep track (as good as I can).

Has any of you any experience with good project management software? Best would be OpenSource, of course :o) My boss doesn't want to spend a lot of money ;o)

So very much not on-topic, and you knew that. Did you Google? At all? There are lots of project management systems out there, and the best ones will usually bubble up to the surface when you Google for open source project management.

Personally I use Trac because it integrates very nicely with subversion and provides the primary functionality I need (Wiki, tickets and milestone tracking). It also has great extensibility if you need something it doesn't provide by default.

But, like I said, off-topic. Now please Google your arse off.

-Stut

Cheers guys,

Chris from sunny germany

Oh, right, sorry...