Re: Re: PHP & Text Messaging

   Sounds like a good plan.  Maybe I'll start recording all of my phone
calls.  I'll just answer the phone, "Hello, this call is being reported for
quality assurance and training purposes, this is Dan, wazzzup?!?"

On 4/26/07, Justin Frim <jfrim@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Richard Lynch wrote:

>[snip]
>Relying on Sprint, however, to honor any kind of oral agreement, is a
>big fat *NOT*
>
>"I'm sorry, but we just don't have any reocrd of that conversation.
>
>You're now 2 weeks overdue, because that extension you claim we gave
>you doesn't exist."
>
>It was like a parody of the White House Watergate tapes -- Anything
>they didn't feel like honoring was just not there;  Something that had
>been said that they LIKED, they had a perfect record of that though.
>[snip]

A good old O.T. thread.  :-)

A few months back I was trying to weed some information out of Rogers
and Fido, but several times I was told conflicting information each time
I called.

Finally I made an audio patch cable to connect my MP3 player/recorder to
the phone and then proceeded to call Rogers again.  The conversation
went something like this:

-Voice mail system: "Thank you for calling Rogers Wireless.  Please stay
on the line and our next available agent will help you.  Note that your
call may be monitored and recorded for quality assurance and training
purposes"... music-on-hold...
-Customer support: "Thank you for calling Rogers, my name is Bob, may I
have your phone number starting with the area code?"
-Me: "I'm just letting you know that this call will be monitored and
recorded for quality assurance purposes"
*click*  MP3 recorder starts recording....
-Customer support: "Umm.... okay...."

The patch cable was designed so I could also play back audio into the
phone, just in case they tried pulling a "we never said that" denial.
Fortunately, in that conversation where I announced it was being
recorded, the customer service guy never lied to me even once.  Funny
how that works out.

--
Daniel P. Brown
[office] (570-) 587-7080 Ext. 272