Re: sendmail smrsh symlinks not working against php scripts

However, if I put a hardlink instead of the symlink, all works
fine!
The permissions of the symlink and the file linekd are all 777.

Has anyone already had this problem before, or would anyone have an
idea of
the cause?

smrsh itself may disallow symlinks.  Wouldn't surprise me.

Why not just use #!/usr/bin/php -q at the top of your PHP script?

I cannot do this, because the script itself is not executed.

What exactly do you want to happen then?

I would simply like the script to be executed, when passed as a symlink as argument, instead of a hardlink. The problem is that when I specify the script to be executed (ecardbounce.php) as being a symlink, in the /etc/aliases like this:
ecard-bounce: "|/usr/bin/php /etc/smrsh/ecardbounce.php",
then the script isn't executed. However, when I replace the symlink by a hardlink to the same located script, then it works fine with no problems.

This is why there might be a problem with the php interpreter refusing to execute a file which is a symlink, and requires the input file to be a real file or a hardlink. I thought that we would be able to pass a symlink, but maybe this is not allowed by php?

Also, I am using the version 4.3.9-3.22.4 on my server (default centos 4.4 version)

Thanks,
Daniel