Re: Ways to tell if existing setup is SAPI or Shared Object?

On Thu, April 19, 2007 4:08 pm, Weston C wrote:
> What ways are there to tell if PHP is actually built into an Apache 2
> installation or if it's installed as a shared object?
>
> I've dropped a file containing phpinfo() on the server I'm looking at,
> hoping the Server API value would give me a clue, but it just says
> "Apache 2.0 Filter," and I don't know if Apache filters are required
> to be one or the other....

If I had to take a wild guess, I'd say "Filter" was a shared object...

But I suppose if you compiled it directly into Apache (does anybody do
that anymore?) you might still see the same thing...

If you can read httpd.conf, and find a LoadModule there with php, then
it's shared, I think.

The php_sapi_name function and PHP_SAPI constant may be of use if you
just want SAPI info in your program, rather than all of phpinfo()

They're probably all exactly the same output, though.

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?