Re: Ways to tell if existing setup is SAPI or Shared Object?

On 4/19/07, Richard Lynch <ceo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, April 19, 2007 4:08 pm, Weston C wrote:
> What ways are there to tell if PHP is actually built into an Apache 2
> installation or if it's installed as a shared object?
>
> phpinfo() / Server API value .. just says "Apache 2.0 Filter"

If you can read httpd.conf, and find a LoadModule there with php, then
it's shared, I think.

I do have access to httpd.conf. I can't find a LoadModule directive
for php in it, though. Is that a bad sign? Could they possibly have
been stuffed into any of the other lesser-used conf files?

The php_sapi_name function and PHP_SAPI constant may be of use if you
just want SAPI info in your program, rather than all of phpinfo()

They're probably all exactly the same output, though.

Seems to give the same result.

... if you compiled it directly into Apache (does anybody do
that anymore?)

I certainly wouldn't. But I think this is the default Apache2
distribution on RH9, and you just never know with those folks. ;)