location of the PHP executable

Hi,

I have looked in the documentation but can't find it:

My PHP script (which is run from the command prompt - CLI) needs to know
the file system location of the PHP executable. This is because it needs
to run a second PHP script. I know about the "which" command but it's
not available in all OSes, and that might not be the currently running
executable anyway.

I could prompt the user for this, but that seems kind of silly. Surely,
there must be some way of looking it up automatically?

Thanks,

Mattias