Re: location of the PHP executable

Mattias Thorslund wrote:
Hi,

I have looked in the documentation but can't find it:

My PHP script (which is run from the command prompt - CLI) needs to know
the file system location of the PHP executable. This is because it needs
to run a second PHP script. I know about the "which" command but it's
not available in all OSes, and that might not be the currently running
executable anyway.

I could prompt the user for this, but that seems kind of silly. Surely,
there must be some way of looking it up automatically?

Thanks,

Mattias

What OS are you working with

Assuming you are on a *nix box this should work

#locate "/php" | grep "/php$"

this should give you locations that have /php as the end of the line

on windows you could do this

cd \
dir /s php*.exe

--
Enjoy,

Jim Lucas

Different eyes see different things. Different hearts beat on different strings. But there are times for you and me when all such things agree.

- Rush