Re: Idea/Suggestion for PHP App

On Thu, April 5, 2007 2:59 pm, afan@xxxxxxxx wrote:
>> On Thu, 2007-04-05 at 21:36 +0200, afan@xxxxxxxx wrote:
>>> first step is: take a paper and pen and start drawing your app
>>> structure
>>> in blocks.
>>> once you "finished your app" on the paper start drawing db
>>> structure.
>>>
>>> start coding after you have the solution for every situation.
>>
>> You're kidding aren't you? Poor trees!
>>
>> BTW You will NEVER have the solution for every situation.
>>

> nope. not at all. I always tried to draw/build whole app's structure
> first. or, at least closer I can get. it's also true, I never covered
> ALL
> situations, but to me is much easier to code after I have AS MUCH AS I
> CAN
> HAVE answers than start coding and then re-coding few days later
> because
> "oops! I forgot that user can have two homes, not only one..." :D
>
> and yes, I (still) use paper and pencil because never find good app
> for
> it. if you can recommend - I'll be more than happy to use it and stop
> wasting paper (agree with you on "poor tree" :D)

There are 3 whiteboards in my office, each is roughly 4x8 feet.

They are chock-full of our "design"

We take digital photos as backup occasionally.

Not a perfect solution, but better than paper squirrelled away where
nobody else can find it...

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?