Re: PHP4 vs PHP5

In my opinion, it is very safe to go for PHP5 (it's been out for a long time
now). Also, PHP5 has a lot of built-in functionality that you will
definitely feel you're lacking in case you go for PHP4. And don't forget,
PHP4 will be deprecated sooner or later (I'm sure the developers will not
really like the idea of maintaining 3 PHP versions once PHP6 is released).
All in all, PHP5 is a very wise choice at the moment.

--
itoctopus - http://www.itoctopus.com