PHP4 vs PHP5

Hi
I know this topic has to be discussed several times but I have a situation I
need some advices.

I am working in a small company. The company does everything you need.
Computer service, sell computers, install servers, web page, etc. I am in
the web department. The guys from the server installation and that stuff are
using a modified debian, which for default in his stable release has php4
and apache 1.33.
I am new at the company and I have to decide what I need and what I am going
to do. My choice is to use the CMS Mambo and make the modification that each
client would ask.
So I've seen that php5 has a lot of cool staff, like mysqli and the new (and
faster) object oriented thing. I would like to know if it is "safe" to use
this version. I know that mambo use objects so I think that php5 will do a
better job running it. I also think php5 (or php6) is the future we can use
php4 for ever.
So whats your opinion?
Thanks

A last comment: I apologize for my English, please let me know you didn't
understand something

--
yo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.fernandocosso.com.ar