Re: Need a working SOAP example using PHP SOAP

Daevid Vincent wrote:
>> not very helpful, but an apt quote from 'the man':
>> http://fplanque.net/Blog/devblog/2005/12/21/rasmus_i_don_t_like_soap
>
> Yeah, unfortunately, I *must* use SOAP. Not my choice, but politics and
> company decree, blah blah...
>
>> b, you should catch exceptions
>
> These were the examples from the page. I didn't want to add extra
> complexity.

none the less your production code should include try/catch blocks to
catch soapfault exceptions and deal with them accordingly.

>> c, could you be having a problem related to the
>> allow_url_fopen ini setting?
>
> Now we're talkin!
>
> Okay, I made sure that allow_url_fopen and allow_url_include are both "on".
> Verified via phpinfo();
>
> Still no luck. :-\
>
> However, this sparked an idea...
>
> I have been using my WinXP and IE to hit my Gentoo notebook running
> apache2/php/etc. (samba mounting the /home/machine/... to edit the files)
>
> When I fired up KDE and hit the EXACT same pages (which are now local), they
> magically worked!
>
> So now the question is, what setting do I have to change in my php.ini file
> to get remote requests to work?

I'm not following what you mean by local and remote and when your considering
something to be one or the other.

windows firewall springs to mind but I can't tell if it could even be involved
from your current description.